In simple and easy to follow steps, Making Classroom Assessment Work shows how teachers can use assessment to boost learning. When students know what needs to be achieved, are responsible for self-assessing, and get feedback that shows the next steps for success, that’s assessment for learning. The results are engaged, self-directed lifelong learners.
This book illustrates how to:
- involve students in learning and assessment
- collect evidence of learning with students
- give high-quality feedback
- share learning achievements with parents
- hold student–parent–teacher meetings to evaluate learning and achievement.
Canadian author and researcher Anne Davies is well known in New Zealand. Her work has been adapted for New Zealand by education researcher Mary Hill, in consultation with schools.