Jesness Inventory - Revised (JI-R)
The Jesness Inventory–Revised (JI–R) is a comprehensive, self-report measure of personality and psychopathology that is applicable to children and adolescents with more severe behavioral problems, and with whom violence potential is a concern.
Conventional scores are provided for the 11 subtypes, while classification scores are provided for the 9 personality subtypes. An Asocial Index score is also provided. Results from the JI–R provide valuable insight into the potential causes of certain behaviors. It is particularly useful when differentiating between social maladjustment and emotional disturbance.
- Social Maladjustment
- Value Orientation
- Asocial Index
- Manifest Aggression
- Social Anxiety
- Undersocialized, Active/Undersocialized, Aggressive
- Undersocialized, Passive/Unsocialized, Passive
- Conformist/Immature Conformist
- Group-oriented/Cultural Conformist
- Autonomy-oriented/Neurotic, Acting-out
- Introspective/Neurotic, Anxious
- Inhibited/Situational Emotional Reaction
- Adaptive/Cultural Identifier
- Conduct Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
Profile Reports provide the JI-R classification, scale scores, a graphical display of results, and a lists of responses.
Interpretive Reports include information provided by profile reports, as well as, additional scale and JI-R classification information.
JI-R is available online only. Contact NZCER for further information.