Self Directed Search 2012 Update (Second Australian Edition; SDS)
The SDS is a self-administered, self-scored and self-interpreted career counselling tool based on Holland’s theory of careers. It is used extensively with individuals and groups to explore career options.
The Australian edition has been updated in 2012 to ensure it is representative of the current working world:
- The occupations in the SDS Occupations Finder and SDS Alphabetical Occupations Finder have been substantially revised to align with the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations: First edition, Revision 1 (ANZSCO), myfuture and the Job Guide.
- The SDS Assessment Booklet and SDS You and Your Career have been updated to include revised links to hardcopy and web-based resources, as well as up-to-date occupations.
- The SDS Australian Manual has been updated to reflect the changes in the various components.
The Specimen Set includes a Manual and one of each Assessment Booklet, Occupations Finder, Alphabetical Occupations Finder and You and Your Career.
- Updated in 2012 to include 1184 of the most common occupations and specialisations in Australia
- Australian adaptation based on Australian data
- Internationally used assessment tool
- Based on Holland’s theory of career development
- Self-administered and self-interpreted vocational counselling too
This test is available online. Contact NZCER for further information.