Elliot is a Psychometrician at NZCER.
His work involves:
- use of psychometric models - such as the multifacet Rasch model - to inform the development and implementation of assessment tools
- quantification of the level of agreement between different judges in the context of multipile markers judging a single piece of student work
- alignment of multiple assessment tools and in particular, standard setting
- statistical modelling of the distribution of assessment information through student populations
- measurement of student progress based on achievement data collected from assessment tools