Effective, educational leadership is crucial for educational improvement - so how well are you doing?
Too often leaders rely on their own assumptions of what is working and look for ways to gather evidence of areas for professional development. The Education Leadership survey is designed to be a thorough review of all aspects of leadership, to provide the principal with a robust picture of how effective their educational leadership is.
To register or for further information about Educational Leadership Practices, call us on (04) 802-1394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cost of the survey is $200.00 per school and covers the cost of reports.
How the survey works
Both teachers and the principal respond to the same research-informed statements of what effective practice should look like in the following aspects:
- goal setting
- strategic resourcing
- ensuring the quality of teaching
- ensuring curriculum quality
- promoting and participating in teacher learning and development
- ensuring a safe and orderly environment
- ensuring educationally and powerful connections with families, whānau and community
- ensuring Māori success
- effectiveness of principal leadership
NZCER provides reports in two formats:
- The principal can compare their own survey responses with those of their teaching staff.
- The principal’s responses are omitted, so that the principal can decide what to share as appropriate.
- The survey is a tool that is consistent with the Kiwi Leadership Frameworkand the Educational Leadership Best Evidence Synthesis.
- The reports will provide a comparison of your school’s leadership with the aggregate benchmarks from the participating schools across New Zealand.
- It is an appraisal tool that offers hard evidence about a principal’s practice and areas for development.
NZCER’s Education Advisor, Cathie Johnson, can provide support and challenge for how to use the survey results to define or address the problem for improvement. Contact Cathie Johnson at email@example.com for more information.
For questions or advice on registering email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (04) 802 1630.