NZCER Marking is an online service that enables students to sit NZCER tests online and provides schools with detailed analysis and reporting on student achievement.
To subscribe to NZCER Marking, please click here
To log in to NZCER Marking, please visit NZCER Marking User Login.
NZCER's high quality research-based assessments are available in the following subject areas:
- PAT: Mathematics
- PAT: Reading (Comprehension and Vocabulary)
- PAT: Listening
- PAT: Punctuation and Grammar
- Science: Thinking with Evidence
- STAR Reading Test
For more information, you can download a PDF brochure that includes more detailed information on NZCER Marking.
NZCER Marking allows schools the option of administering NZCER assessments through an attractive, easy-to-use online platform.
There are many benefits of online testing. Here are a few advantages:
- Immediate access to NZCER Marking's range of reports
- 100% accuracy in marking
- More engaging for students
- Ability to adapt the test platform, such as dyslexia fonts
- Allows students to sit tests on computers, laptops and tablets as small as the iPad mini
- Huge time saving in administration
- It's cheaper – no need to purchase paper tests or answer sheets
If you are interesting in a demo of any of the online tests, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not ready for online testing? No problem. All of our assessments are still available as paper-based tests.
Online reporting and analysis
Whether schools decide to use online and paper-based assessments, NZCER Marking gives schools access to a wide range of online reports that analyse achievement at individual, class, school and question level.
We provide a number of options for using NZCER Marking in order to meet the needs of all schools:
- Online testing: After students sit the tests online, the full range of reports are immediately available to view on NZCER Marking.
- Manual entry: Schools purchase paper tests and manually enter the results into NZCER Marking. This will then generate the full range of reports.
- Scanning: Schools purchase paper tests and pay NZCER to scan the answer sheets. They can then log in to NZCER Marking to view the full range of reports.
You can select a combination of options, marking some tests yourself and sending others to us to scan, or sitting some tests online and others on paper.
Schools pay $250.00 for the yearly subscription. Each subject area costs $25.00 – you choose the number of subject areas you require.
Online testing and the scanning service incur additional costs. You can visit our detailed costing page to see exactly how much NZCER Marking will cost based on the number of students and the subject areas you wish to test.
More details on the pricing structure can be found in the informational brochure.
For more about this service, call us on (04) 802-1630 or contact email@example.com.
Across-School/CoL reporting feature
All of NZCER’s assessments can provide aggregated reporting using gender, ethnic, and year level analysis. This is both anonymous to individual students and schools, and reports on across-school cohorts - i.e. Year 4 Māori girls.
CoL tracking and monitoring for achievement challenge position and progress through targeted cohorts
MST/ALIM teachers working across schools
Identifying trends, patterns and strengths in curriculum position and progress
Third party, anonymous hard evidence to start new conversations
We have two advisers, Cathie Johnson and Julie Roberts, who are both accredited PLD facilitators. Cathie is one of the eight NZCER Learning Partners available to work alongside CoL.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss assessment matters further, please contact our Education Advisers at firstname.lastname@example.org.