PAT:Mathematics indicate student's levels of achievement in the skill, knowledge and understanding of mathematics as outlined by the New Zealand Mathematics Curriculum.
Note: The PAT:Mathematics Teacher Manual is current to the 2009 revision, all other material is current to the 2006 revision.
order online; or
download the PAT:Mathematics order form (PDF file) and email or fax back on (04) 802 1450; or
email order details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- number knowledge
- number strategies
- geometry and measurement
- Test scores allow for formative as well as summative reporting.
- Scale scores enable a student's level of achievement to be tracked from year to year.
- Diagnostic reports are provided in the teacher manual.
- The tests can be used at any time between February and November each year.
- Tests can be used at two or more year levels.
- The tests come as reusable booklets with separate answer sheets.
This paper, written by a group of NZCER researchers, considers why many students who are making normal progress according to their results in NZCER’s Progressive Achievement Test (PAT) in mathematics, would fail to meet the new National Standard in mathematics.
NZCER believes schools should make their own judgements about how student performance on PAT:Mathematics relates to the National Standards, until additional studies to align the tests with the standards are completed.
Printable order form: PAT:Mathematics order form [104 KB PDF].