Ko te manu e kai ana i te miro, nōna te ngahere
Ko te manu e kai ana i te mātauranga, nōna te ao!
Exciting opportunity to join a leading educational research and development organisation.
We are looking for a communications and marketing advisor to join our team. You will be a strong writer, enjoy working in close collaboration with staff across the organisation, and have the skills and experience to help us meet our client needs for research and evaluation-based work, and customer needs for the resources and services we offer. This role has sole responsibility for communications and marketing, and works across the organisation with senior leadership, research project teams, and business units.
NZCER is a vibrant, independent educational research organisation based in Wellington. We have multiple education research, evaluation, and advisory projects on the go at any time. We also provide and support a suite of educational assessments, tools, and services, and have a publishing arm, NZCER Press.
We welcome applications from people with:
- An interest and understanding of New Zealand education.
- A record in communications, marketing, public relations and/or journalism.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in communications and marketing is highly desirable.
- An up-to-date knowledge and use of social media.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in writing publications.
- Understanding of the media, including Māori media.
- Understanding of a broad range of communication channels such as written publications, journals, web-based and social media opportunities.
- The ability to apply knowledge and understanding of commercial concepts, strategies and practices to the communications and marketing role.
Our people are strongly connected to the education sector in Aotearoa New Zealand. We use the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi as the founding document of Aotearoa to help us uphold mana Māori in our work, relationships, and ways of working. We offer te reo Māori classes in-house.
The role description is available to view and download below.
Or if you’d like to discuss the position in more detail, please contact Marie Sim, ph 04 802-1462, or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this permanent, full time (or part-time, as negotiated) position, please forward a covering letter and detailed curriculum vitae. Your application should be addressed to Marie Sim, HR Advisor: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 16 October 2020.