The New Zealand Council for Educational Research (NZCER) needs a communications advisor to help tell the stories of our work. You’ll work alongside our communications manager to develop and deliver communications for strategies, projects, and publications.
You’ll have great ideas, and know how to make them happen. You’ll be a good listener, a problem solver, and be able to manage deadlines. Fluency in te reo Māori would be a great advantage. You’ll probably enjoy the role more if you have some knowledge of and interest in the education sector.
You’ll have a minimum of 2 years experience in a communications or marketing role, and be able to demonstrate some of these skills:
- writing well for print and screen
- fluency in te reo Māori and a knowledge of tikanga
- experience using CMS software, e.g. Drupal and Wix
- experience using email and newsletter packages, e.g. YAMM, MailChimp
- experience managing supplier relationships
- managing multi-media formats and social media, including Google Analytics
- confidence with photography (still and video)
- confidence with Adobe Creative Cloud, e.g. InDesign and Photoshop.
NZCER is an independent, not for profit, statutory body established in 1934. The NZCER Act requires the organisation to carry out and disseminate educational research, and provide information and advice.
Our people have expertise in both research and practice, and we are strongly connected to the education sector in Aotearoa New Zealand. We use the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi as the founding document of Aotearoa to help us uphold mana Māori in our work, relationships, and ways of working.
To apply for this position, please forward a covering letter and detailed curriculum vitae to Marie Sim, HR Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 11 May 2018.