Kaiwhakarato | Distribution Officer – 25 hours per week (negotiable)
We are currently looking for an organised, enthusiastic, and customer-focused person to operate our distribution service at Te Pātaka, our warehouse facility located on Thorndon Quay, Wellington.
This position operates our distribution service to ensure our books, journals, and assessments reach our customers (mainly schools, institutions, and bookshops). It also provides customers service to the Psychological Test Service, which sells assessments to educational psychologists.
Key accountabilities include:
- Invoicing, picking, and packing orders
- Handling phone and online customer inquiries, mainly from teachers and school administrators
- Inventory control including monitoring of stock levels and reordering from suppliers
- Ensuring stock is well organised and displayed
- Administering online subscriptions and answering customer queries and resolving issues
- Supervising and training casual staff from time to time.
He kōrero mōu / About you
The ideal applicant will
- Possess attention to detail and be highly accurate
- Be responsible and reliable
- Work well under pressure
- Have great organisational skills
- Be an effective communicator
- Show initiative and have excellent problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate high energy and motivation.
- Be physically fit—there is some moving of cartons involved
- Have some invoicing and/or customer service experience
- Be comfortable working in a sole-charge environment.
Some familiarity with the education system is desirable but full training on our product range and services will be provided. We offer an attractive remuneration and carparking is available.
He kōrero mō mātou / About us
NZCER is a bicultural, independent educational research organisation based in Wellington. We have multiple education research, evaluation, and advisory projects on the go at any time. We also provide and support a suite of educational assessments, tools, and services, and have a publishing arm, NZCER Press.
Me pēhea te tono mai / How to apply
To view the position description, see below. Or if you’d like to discuss the position in more detail, please contact David Ellis, He kaiwhakatā pukapuka | Publisher, on 04 802-1445.
To apply for this role, please forward a covering letter and detailed curriculum vitae. Your application should be addressed to Marie Sim, HR Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Monday 19 September 2022 at 5 pm