The New Zealand Association for Research in Education (NZARE) is holding its annual conference at the University of Canterbury from 17 - 20 November. Our researchers are making the following presentations at the conference:
- Education Policy symposium: “Insights into wellbeing and teaching in NZ secondary schools”, Dr Cathy Wylie, Dr Linda Bonne, Jo MacDonald (co-presenting with the Ministry of Education).
- Educational Leadership paper: “The leadership capability framework”, Dr Cathy Wylie.
- Mathematics & Statistics / Pāngarau Education paper: “Assessing collaborative problem solving in the mathematics and statistics learning area”, Dr Linda Bonne.
- Māori Caucus paper: “Hāia kia tata: He aromatawai i roto i ngā kura / Exploring aromatawai and indigenous perspectives on assessment”, Dr Maraea Hunia.
- Science Education Research paper: “Leveraging NMSSA results to support change and innovation in primary science”, Dr Rosemary Hipkins.
NZCER Press is showcasing the following books at the 'Spotlight on Publications' function on the Monday evening:
- For Women and children: A tribute to Geraldine McDonald - edited by Sue Middleton and Helen May. There is a full symposium feature on Geraldine McDonald as part of the conference.
- Education studies in Aotearoa New Zealand: Key disciplines and emerging directions - edited by Anneliese Kamp
- Enhancing equity through inquiry - Lexie Grudnoff, Fiona Ell, Mavis Haigh, Mary Hill, Kīmai Tocker
- Teaching to the North East: Relationship-based learning in practice - Russell Bishop
- The Hikairo Schema: Culturally responsive teaching and learning in early childhood education settings - Angus Macfarlane, Sonja Macfarlane, Sharleen Teirney, JR Kuntz, Benita Rarere-Briggs, Marika Currie, Marie Gibson, Roimata Macfarlane
- Weaving te whāriki: Aotearoa New Zealand's early childhood curriculum in theory and practice (3rd ed.) edited by Alexandra C Gunn and Joce Nuttall
- Rich tasks planning deck - Rosemary Hipkins
Come and join us at the NZARE conference, details and registration here: http://www.eenz.com/nzare19/