Ko te manu e kai ana i te miro, nōna te ngahere
Ko te manu e kai ana i te mātauranga, nōna te ao!
Exciting opportunity to join a leading educational research organisation.
We are looking for two researchers to join our dynamic team. In these roles you will be part of a team which delivers high-quality education research, evaluation, and assessment tools. You may be early in your career or looking for a change. We work across a wide range of areas from Māori and Pacific learner success, curriculum development and assessment, to policy and programme evaluation, and data insights.
NZCER is a vibrant, independent educational research organisation based in Wellington. We have multiple education research, evaluation, and advisory projects on the go at any time. Climate change, te reo Māori and Aotearoa New Zealand Histories are the focus of some of our current projects. We also develop and support a suite of educational assessments, tools, and services, and have a publishing arm, NZCER Press.
We are actively committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi to help us uphold mana Māori in our work, relationships, and ways of working. We value the importance of Māori language, culture and identity in all our practices.
We welcome applications from people with:
- research or evaluation experience, or experience in assessment design
- a current knowledge and understanding of education in Aotearoa New Zealand
- critical thinking and analytical skills
- experience working with Māori, Māori data, or in Māori-centred projects
- experience with diverse research methodologies. Experience with kaupapa Māori, Pacific methodologies, education measurement, or a combination of qualitative and quantitative skills may be an advantage
- experience as a teacher/kaiako may also be an advantage
- excellent communication skills
- a real passion for making a difference for all learners.
To view the position description see here. Or if you’d like to discuss the position in more detail, please contact Heleen Visser, Tumu Rangahau - General Manager Research and Development, on email@example.com
To apply, please forward a covering letter and detailed curriculum vitae. Your application should be addressed to Marie Sim, HR Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 10 May 2022.