Ko te manu e kai ana i te miro, nōna te ngahere
Ko te manu e kai ana i te mātauranga, nōna te ao!
This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading, vibrant, and independent educational research and development organisation.
Our mission is to advance our strategic priorities, and ensure our work has influence and impact in the education sector. We communicate in ways that uphold our bi-cultural aspirations, and are engaging, relevant, tailored to educators, parents and whānau, policymakers, and other stakeholders.
We are looking for a communications and marketing advisor to help us advance this.
The role requires the ability to work effectively and closely with NZCER staff across the organisation. We seek a creative and skilled storyteller with excellent people skills to develop and curate research-based stories, promotional material, and campaigns in multiple formats that engage and inform our audiences.
We welcome applications from people with:
- Energy, enthusiasm, and curiosity about our work
- An interest and understanding of education in Aotearoa
- An interest in mahi focused on diversity, upholding mana Māori, addressing equity and the journey of decolonisation in Aotearoa
- A record in journalism and/or communications preferred, marketing and public relations experience would also be useful
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in journalism and/or communications and marketing is highly desirable
As a research and development organisation, we are committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi. We value the importance of Māori language, culture, and identity in all our practices.
Benefits we offer
- A whānau-centric culture with a focus on people, teamwork and hauora
- A strong public good purpose – we’re about finding ways for kaiako, ākonga, and whānau to have the best possible education experiences and outcomes
- Flexible home/office working arrangements ( in Te Pakokori - our new bi-cultural office space)
- Negotiatiable working hours
- Weekly waiata, and te reo Māori classes (at various levels)
- Four additional leave days during the summer break and birthday leave
- Generous conditions, allowances and kiwisaver employer contributions
Open the link to view the job description: Communications and Marketing Advisor
Or if you’d like to discuss the position in more detail, please contact Marie Sim, ph 04 802-1462, or email@example.com.
To apply for this permanent, full time (or part-time, as negotiated) position, please forward a covering letter and detailed curriculum vitae. Your application should be addressed to Marie Sim, HR Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 31 May 2022.