Our Board is looking for a new member, which will be by Ministerial appointment made by the Associate Minister of Education, Hon Jenny Salesa.
Our incumbent’s 4-year term ends on 1 October, and applications for the position are now open.
Details about the role
- location: Wellington
- commitment required: 12-20 days per annum
- remuneration: $333 per day
- reasonable and actual travel and other expenses related to board duties will be paid.
Skills and experience relevant to the position
Our Board is particularly interested in strengthening its understanding and connection to Pacific students and their education needs through having a Board member with current, practical classroom knowledge.
As a group the Board members are responsible for:
- the overall governance of the NZCER
- building a connected programme of research, products and services
- contributing new insights to current educational issues, and
- supporting better outcomes for learners.
NZCER Board members can access ongoing training and development to enhance their governance skills.
Applying for the position
Applications are now open and close 12pm 20 August 2018.
In your CV and cover letter, include the following information:
- your skills, personal attributes and experience relevant to the Board position
- your experience with supporting Pacific students
- your experience in public, private or voluntary sector governance.