Āpiha Taha Pūtea—Finance Officer – 30 hours a week
We have an opportunity for an Āpiha Taha Pūtea—Finance Officer to join our Business Support team at NZCER. You will have a key role in ensuring our financial support to the organisation runs smoothly.
He kōrero mō te tūranga / About the role
Reporting directly to the Tumu Pakihi me te Pūtea—General Manager Business and Finance, this role will involve financial management and reporting, payroll, month end and general ledger activities, and managing and processing accounts payable and accounts receivable activities and various other administrative functions within Business Support.
He kōrero mōu / About you
You will have:
- Experience in financial management and reporting, payroll, month end and general ledger activities, and managing and processing accounts payable and accounts receivable activities.
- A good working history in a similar role or a qualification in Accounting or Business (highly desirable).
- Knowledge of relevant employment related (e.g. Holidays, Wages Protection, and KiwiSaver Acts) and tax legislation, and technical requirements of Public Sector entities who administer them.
- Strong IT skills and experience with tools and systems such as Excel, Word and integrated financial systems.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to work successfully with a wide cross-section of staff across the organisation.
- Excellent planning and time management skills, a proactive eye for detail, an ability to multitask and meet deadlines, good listening skills, self-motivation, a desire to develop and grow, and an ability to identify opportunities to enhance our systems and processes and solve problems as they arise.
He kōrero mō mātou / About us
NZCER is a bicultural, independent educational research organisation based in Wellington. We have multiple education research, evaluation, and advisory projects on the go at any time. We also provide and support a suite of educational assessments, tools, and services, and have a publishing arm, NZCER Press.
Me pēhea te tono mai / How to apply
To view the position description, see here.
Or if you’d like to discuss the position in more detail, please contact Pete Searle, Tumu Pakihi me te Pūtea—General Manager Business and Finance, on 04 802-1448.
To apply for this role, please forward a covering letter and detailed curriculum vitae. Your application should be addressed to Marie Sim, HR Advisor: email@example.com
Applications close: Wednesday 9 February 2022 at 5 pm