Ko te manu e kai ana i te miro, nōna te ngahere
Ko te manu e kai ana i te mātauranga, nōna te ao!
Exciting opportunity to join a leading educational research organisation.
We are looking for a senior researcher to join our team. In this role you will either lead or be part of research teams which deliver high-quality education research. We work across a wide range of areas from curriculum development and ākonga wellbeing to te reo Māori language revitalisation, Pacific learner success, and policy evaluation.
NZCER is a bicultural, independent educational research organisation based in Wellington. We have multiple education research, evaluation, and advisory projects on the go at any time. We also provide and support a suite of educational assessments, tools, and services, and have a publishing arm, NZCER Press.
We’re looking to grow the diversity of our research group and strengthen our team’s experience in secondary education, secondary school assessment, NCEA, literacy and numeracy, and expertise in bicultural approaches.
We welcome applications from people with:
- a Master’s degree in a relevant area,
- experienced in research or evaluation
- experience with a range of research methodologies and an understanding of kaupapa Māori research would be an advantage
- a knowledge and understanding of secondary education, curriculum and assessment
- an understanding of the context for Māori education in Aotearoa New Zealand
- experience in developing assessments and assessment items would also be an advantage
- a passion for making a difference for every learner.
Our people have expertise in both research and practice, and we are strongly connected to the education sector in Aotearoa New Zealand. We are actively committed to the principles of the Treaty of Waitangi to help us uphold mana Māori in our work, relationships, and ways of working. We value the importance of Māori language, culture and identity in all our practices.
To view the position description see here. Or if you’d like to discuss the positions in more detail, please contact Heleen Visser, General Manager Research and Development, on 027 4797890.
To apply for this permanent, full time (or part-time, as negotiated) position, please forward a covering letter and detailed curriculum vitae. Your application should be addressed to Marie Sim, HR Advisor: email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 30 June, 2021.