These guidelines set out our intent and way of operating. We expect people posting comments on any NZCER blog to respect and adhere to these guidelines. You need to be logged on to the website in order to comment. Comments are moderated by NZCER and we reserve the right to decide what is published. In some cases questions or comments will be referred directly to NZCER staff members who can help, rather than published.
- Blogs are intended to provide information, ideas and support. Comments and questions need to be relevant. Unrelated comments or comments beyond the scope of the blog will not be published.
- This is a respectful environment. Please don’t post comments that NZCER or other users will find offensive. We reserve the right to edit or delete postings that attack or malign any individual, group, or organisation.
- We are interested in your ideas. You need to be logged on to make comments and your user name will be displayed. You don’t have to use your own name but do not impersonate any other person or organisation.
- NZCER blogs are non-partisan and are not intended as a forum for political views or conspiracy theories. There are plenty of other sites for this.
- Our blogs present the thinking of a range of NZCER staff and links to other experts. If you choose to cite any of the content on this site elsewhere, please be sure to reference it appropriately.
- Keep it legal. Please do not post anything that breaches copyright, or makes libellous or defamatory statements.
- Views or opinions expressed in posts or comments on NZCER blogs are the responsibility of their authors. Their publication via this site should not be taken as an endorsement of any kind by The New Zealand Council for Educational Research.
- The NZCER blogs team reserves the right to moderate material posted on this website and may delete or edit material if some or all of the following are deemed evident: offensive, malicious or defamatory statements or material; material that may compromise the rights of another individual under the Privacy Act 1993; or material that may breach the copyright of another individual or organisation.
- The NZCER blogs team and NZCER do not accept not accept any liability for the accuracy or content of information on this website belonging to third parties, nor for the accuracy or content of any third-party website that you may access via a hyperlink from this website. Links to other websites from this website should not be taken as endorsement of those sites or of products offered on those sites. When visiting other websites, please refer to the conditions of use and copyright policies of those sites.