You are here
- Masters (MPhil) in SLT - Second Language Teaching
- PGDipEd (Adult Literacy and Numeracy)
- BEd (Teaching)
- Graduate Certificate in Editing
- National Certificate in Adult Literacy and Numeracy Education (Vocational)
Jan is a Senior Researcher/Resource Developer at NZCER, working on assessment, research, and evaluation projects.
Jan's main interest is literacy. aacross all sectors from early childhood to adult. She has a particular interest in literacy and numeracy for adults including ESOL. Before joining NZCER, Jan worked for ten years in adult education covering the polytechnic, university, and community sectors. She is also an experienced primary teacher. Her masters thesis focused on ways of supporting ESOL nursing students to develop language skills for the workplace.
Jan's research interestes include:
- Foundation education
- Literacy and numeracy for adults
- English as a second language
- Curriculum and resource development