You are here
Resources & Services
NZCER develops research-based resources and provides a range of services to teachers and learners across the education sector.
Support & advice
We have a team of specialists to provide support and advice on our resources and services, and on the use of all our assessment products. We work with teams, schools, and Kāhui Ako | Communities of Learning (COL).
Professional Development workshops
Our workshops help build assessment capability for purposeful use of our assessment products.
We provide in-depth online reporting and analysis of assessment data. Our reporting enables you to:
• analyse achievement at individual, class, school and question level
• analyse progress over time
• link to the Assessment Resource Banks for related material to use as next steps.
Assessment Resource Banks
The Assessment Resource Banks (ARBs) are developed by NZCER under contract to the Ministry of Education. They consist of over 2700 curriculum-based assessment resources in English, Mathematics, and Science at Levels 1-5 of
the New Zealand Curriculum. They are designed for use in Aotearoa New Zealand classrooms by researchers with knowledge of the curriculum and experienced in assessment design.
Curriculum for the Future game
Curriculum for the Future is a three-part resource designed to stimulate open-ended conversations about learning and curriculum today and into the future. The resources can be used separately or together, and in any order. The Curriculum for the Future resources are for anyone who wants to think about the purposes of schooling, and what young people should learn now and in the future. The three parts are:
- Part 1 is a workshop resource
- Part 2 is a live action role play game
- Part 3 is a digital game for iPad or tablet
Explore the resources here.
Curriculum design and planning card decks
- Remixing the Key Competencies: A curriculum design tool. A resource for teachers to take a fresh look at the New Zealand Curriculum key competencies. For more details and to buy a card deck click here.
- Remixing NCEA achievement standards: A curriculum integration design tool. A resource for teachers to look at possibilities for building integrated units of learning and assessment. For more details and to buy a card deck click here.
- Science capabilities planning cards. The Science capabilities planning deck is a practical and adaptable resource to support teachers to use the science capabilities as they plan learning across all levels of the curriculum. For more details and to buy a card deck click here.
- Rich tasks planning cards. This resource helps teachers build rich tasks into their curriculum design. For more details and to buy a card deck click here.
Copyright of tests
All tests, answer media and the various interpretive materials are copyrighted and may not be reproduced in any form of printing or by any other means, electronic or mechanical, without permission in writing from the publishers.
The reproduction of any part of the publisher’s copyrighted tests or answer media without such permission, whether the reproductions are sold or furnished free for use, is a violation of the copyright law.