You are here
Taku Reo Student Survey
Understand student perceptions about the use of te reo Māori
Taku Reo Student Survey is an online research-based survey designed for New Zealand students in English medium from Years 4 to 8. Some of the research that informed the survey is summarised is this brief report.
Taku Reo can help increase awareness of the student voice about te reo Māori in schools. It gives you a snapshot of your students’ use of te reo Māori at school, at home, and in the community.
Taku Reo has many benefits
Using Taku Reo lets students and whānau know that te reo Māori is valued at school, and is a vital part of the curriculum.
Taku Reo is designed as a formative tool for school self-review. The survey can contribute to revitalisation of the language by prompting:
- schools to reflect on practice from students' perceptions
- teachers to think critically about how they teach te reo Māori.
The results of the Taku Reo survey contribute to an evidence base for planning and goal-setting for te reo Māori within schools. You can use your results to:
- increase visibility of te reo Māori within your school
- normalise te reo Māori into your school’s planning
- follow progress of te reo Māori use over time in your school
- gain an understanding of your students’ perceptions of where te reo Māori is being used.
Subscription is simple
There is single charge of $100.00 for a 2018 subscription (No per student charges or other costs incurred).
If you don't currently have a subscription to NZCER Marking, head to the NZCER Marking service subscription page to subscribe to the survey.
If you already log in to NZCER Marking, add your subscription to Taku Reo by managing your subscriptions within your site.