Me and My School
Me and My School is a student engagement survey designed for New Zealand students in Year 7 to 10.
To register for this service, please visit NZCER Online Survey.
Special Features include...
Students’ scores on the survey can be converted to locations on a described engagement scale and their levels of engagement tracked over time and compared with national benchmarks.
- The survey measures how connected students feel to their school and how they view themselves as learners.
- NZCER provides a range of detailed reporting based on data from the Me and My School survey.
- Easy to administer and completely anonymous, the survey asks students to report their level of agreement to a series of statements regarding affective, behavioural and cognitive aspects of engagement.
- Me and My School survey can be administered online or as a paper-based survey form. Once the survey is complete, NZCER provides a range of detailed reporting including norming information.
- The survey is available for use throughout the whole year, however we encourage schools to use the survey during the third term because the norming information for the survey was taken from national trials carried out during the third term. Other factors may influence students’ feeling of engagement at different times of the year.
Pricing for sitting the survey on paper - Schools purchase answer sheets at $2.00 for sets of 10. They then pay $225.00, in addition to $2.00 per student.
Pricing for sitting the survey online - The online survey costs $225.00 in addition to $1.50 per student. There are no other costs incurred.
The items in the survey were sourced from national and international research literature or were specially constructed by researchers to address the three different aspects of engagement.
The engagement scale...
A feature of the survey is the underlying measurement scale. Students’ responses to the survey can be converted to scale scores that locate the students on a described engagement continuum. Once located on the scale, a group measure of engagement can be compared with national norms, and tracked over time.
For further information about Me and My School, please call us on (04) 802-1394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.