How connected and committed are your students to their learning?
How do you know?
Me and My School is a unique, research-based student engagement survey designed for New Zealand students Years 4 to 10. It offers a snapshot of the learning culture in your school, standardised data to track progress over time and a nationally referenced gender, ethnicity, and year level comparison.
Me & My School offers:
There are two versions of the Me and My School survey; one designed for students in Years 7 to 10, and a junior version for Years 4 to 6. The survey is easy to administer, completely anonymous, and asks students to report their level of agreement to a series of statements regarding affective, behavioural and cognitive aspects of engagement. It provides:
- anonymous data through whole school, class, year level, gender, and ethnic filters
- rich reporting information that tells your school’s story
- a statistical framework for tracking aspects of engagement over time
- a separate report showing student engagement with reading
- Starting point for Community of Learning (CoL) Achievement Challenges and school cluster-wide sharing of trends and patterns through ethnic, gender and year level standardised data.
- The student engagement scale offers both position and tracking of student progress over time.
- Improved knowledge of how your students behave as learners, whether they like learning and feel they are learning.
Price for sitting paper-based surveys:
$225.00 registration fee. Schools purchase answer sheets at $2.00 for sets of 10. Scanning of answer sheets is $2.00 per student.
Price for sitting online surveys:
$225.00 registration fee. $1.50 per student per survey. (There are no other costs incurred.)
The items in the survey were sourced from national and international research literature or were specially constructed by researchers to address the three different aspects of engagement
For more information and advice
For further information about Me and My School, please call us on (04) 802-1394 or email email@example.com.
NZCER’s Education Advisers, Cathie Johnson and Julie Roberts, can provide support and challenge for how to use the survey results to define or address the problem for improvement. Contact Cathie and Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org