This information guides teachers in the use of Junior Science: Thinking with Evidence tests. It replaces the usual printed teacher manual that accompanies NZCER’s other assessments. You can also access these information pages from the NZCER Marking website.
On these pages you will find:
- features of the tests
- instructions on how to gain access the assessment, take the test, and read your students’ results
- information about the assessment tasks and their links to science in The New Zealand Curriculum
- a description of how the tests assess students’ ability to think in the context of science
- information about how NZCER conducted the research to standardise this assessment
- how to use the reports for analysing students’ thinking and how to support next steps.
Navigate your way through this online manual using the menu on the right hand side of your screen.