Please note: From Term 2 in 2023, the Me and My School survey will be available through NZCER Assist.
How connected and committed are your students to their learning? How do you know?
About Me and My School
Me and My School is a unique, research-based student engagement survey designed for New Zealand students Years 4 to 10. It offers a snapshot of the learning culture in your school, standardised data to track progress over time and a nationally referenced gender, ethnicity, and year level comparison.
It comes in two versions: one for students in Years 7 to 10, and a junior version for Years 4 to 6. The survey is easy to administer, completely anonymous, and asks students to report their level of agreement to a series of statements regarding affective, behavioural and cognitive aspects of engagement. It provides:
- anonymous data through whole school, class, year level, gender, and ethnic filters
- rich reporting information that tells your school’s story
- a statistical framework for tracking aspects of engagement over time
- a separate report showing student engagement with reading
NOTE: The Me and My School survey is designed for schools with more than 20 students per year level.
If your school has fewer students, NZCER cannot guarantee that a full range of reports will be possible.
Download the Me and My School information brochure page
Download the Me and My School: Case study through a cultural lens
Get the most out of this assessment by registering for one of our workshops.
- Starting point for Community of Learning (CoL) Achievement Challenges and school cluster-wide sharing of trends and patterns through ethnic, gender and year level standardised data.
- The student engagement scale offers both position and tracking of student progress over time.
- Improved knowledge of how your students behave as learners, whether they like learning and feel they are learning.
For sitting paper-based surveys
$250.00 registration fee. Schools purchase answer sheets at $2.00 for sets of 10. Scanning of answer sheets is $2.30 per student.
For sitting online surveys
$250.00 registration fee. $2.00 per student per survey. (There are no other costs incurred).
How to subscribe
The items in the survey were sourced from national and international research literature or were specially constructed by researchers to address the three different aspects of engagement
Development of the survey
For more information and advice
For further information about Me and My School, please call assessment services on (04) 802-1630 or email email@example.com.
NZCER’s Education Advisers, Cathie Johnson and Julie Roberts, can provide support and challenge for how to use the survey results to define or address the problem for improvement.
Contact Cathie and Julie at firstname.lastname@example.org