NZCER Assist is our new online platform that replaces the NZCER Marking site.
IMPORTANT: The NZCER Marking site (www.nzcermarking.org.nz) will continue to be available so schools can access historic data and reporting. The site will be 'read only' which means no new assessments or surveys can be created and sat on the Marking site. All assessment and survey activity for 2021 onward will happen on NZCER Assist.
Please note that there have been some changes to the subscription process. Once you have created a school account your Administrator can enable your assessment and survey selections for the current year. This is all done within the Assist application rather than via our (old) corporate website subscription page.
NZCER's high quality research-based assessments are available in the following subject areas:
- PAT: Mathematics
- PAT: Reading Comprehension and Vocabulary
- PAT: Listening
- PAT: Punctuation and Grammar
- Science: Thinking with Evidence (Years 7–10)
- Junior Science: Thinking with Evidence (Years 4–6)
- STAR Reading Test
- Te Reo Māori (Years 4–9)
About online testing with NZCER Assist
NZCER Assist allows schools the option of administering NZCER assessments and surveys.
There are many benefits of online testing. Here are a few advantages:
- Immediate access to NZCER Assist's range of reports
- 100% accuracy in marking
- More engaging for students
- Ability to adapt the test platform, such as dyslexia fonts
- Allows students to sit tests on computers, laptops, and tablets as small as the iPad mini
- Huge time saving in administration
- It's cheaper – no need to purchase paper tests or answer sheets
If you are interested in a demo of any of the online tests, email email@example.com.
Not ready for online testing? No problem. Most of our assessments are still available as paper-based tests.
Online reporting and analysis
Whether schools decide to use online and/or paper-based assessments, NZCER Assist continues to give schools access to a wide range of online reports that analyse achievement at individual, class, school and question level.
We provide a number of options for using NZCER Assist in order to meet the needs of all schools:
- Online testing: After students sit the tests online, the full range of reports are immediately available to view on NZCER Assist.
- Manual entry: Schools purchase paper tests and manually enter the results into NZCER Assist. This will then generate the full range of reports.
You can select a combination of options, marking some tests yourself and sending others to us to scan, or sitting some tests online and others on paper.
New charges for the NZCER Assist platform will apply from Monday 1st August 2022.
Schools pay $300.00 for the yearly (PAT) subscription. Each PAT subject area costs $30.00 – you choose the number of subject areas you require. Separate pricing applies for our range of surveys offered on NZCER Assist.
Online testing incurs additional costs. You can visit our detailed costing page to see exactly how much NZCER Assist will cost based on the number of students and the subject areas you wish to test.
For more about this service, call us on (04) 802-1630 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.