The WVI is a self-administered, self-scored, and self-interpreted measure of six workplace values. It is a career exploration and job selection tool that helps career counselors and human resource professionals.
Features and benefits
- Helps career counselors assist clients in learning more about themselves to find a job that is a good fit for their work values.
- Assists human resource personnel in screening potential job candidates to find the right fit for a particular position and a good fit within the organizational culture.
- Based on and tied to the US Department of Labor's Occupational Information Network (O*NET).
- Captures the O*NET's six identified work values: Achievement, Independence, Support, Relationships, Working Conditions, and Recognition.
- The WVI Occupations Index lists more than 1,300 jobs according to work value and required education level.
- Features 61 questions grouped by the work value they measure.
- Self-paced and self-scored.
- The WVI Assessment Booklet includes sections that describe each work value and facet in detail, provide example occupations from the Occupations Index, and offer ways to obtain more information.
- Testing takes just 10 minutes.
- As an A-level product, no special training is required to administer or score.
- Standardization sample (N = 526) included employees across eight common O*NET job families who had been in their current positions for at least a year.
- Shows a strong positive relationship with the Working Styles Assessment™ (WSA™).