NZCER provided evaluation support to Sport New Zealand to assist in the framing and evaluation of a new Sport in Education initiative. Sport in Education is a five year project which aims to deliver improved academic, social, PE and sporting outcomes in secondary schools. For more information about Sport in Education, go to their web page.
The evaluation support provided by NZCER included:
- writing literature reviews to inform the project
- assisting in the development of a programme logic and evaluation plan
- assisting schools to develop inquiries about Sport in Education initiatives they are trialling.
- assistance with the identification of relevant survey and assessment tools
- working with school staff to document examples of successful practice relating to sport in education.