Ko te manu e kai ana i te miro, nōna te ngahere
Ko te manu e kai ana i te mātauranga, nōna te ao!
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your interest or experience in Māori Education Research & Development in a leading educational research organisation?
We are looking for another kaimahi to join Te Wāhanga - our Māori research team. You will be part of a team delivering high-quality research which contributes to transformational change that benefits Māori. We’re looking to expand the team and strengthen our expertise in Māori medium education, NCEA, Te Marautanga o Aotearoa and aromatawai. We work across a wide range of areas from te reo Māori revitalisation, Māori medium education, and Māori education and development to curriculum development, ākonga wellbeing, and policy evaluation.
Appointment may be as a Kaiāwhina Rangahau, Kairangahau, or Kairangahau Matua depending on experience.
Our people have expertise in both research and practice, and we are strongly connected to the education sector in Aotearoa New Zealand. We are actively committed to honouring Te Tiriti o Waitangi to help us uphold mana Māori in our work, relationships, and ways of working. We value the importance of Māori language, culture and identity in all our practices.
We welcome applications from researchers who have:
- a knowledge and understanding of Māori medium education (including the broader context of Māori education) in Aotearoa NZ
- an interest in developing methodological expertise in kaupapa Māori research
- experience as a classroom kaiako/school educator within the Māori medium sector is an advantage
- a sound knowledge of the Treaty of Waitangi and what it means and how it applies to an education context
- a deep understanding/command of te reo and tikanga Māori, and mātauranga Māori
- a passion for making a difference for ākonga Māori.
To view the position descriptions see here
Or if you’d like to discuss this opportunity in more detail, please contact Sheridan McKinley, Tumu Māori—General Manager Māori, on 04 802-1621.
To apply, please forward a covering letter and detailed curriculum vitae. Your application should be addressed to Marie Sim, HR Advisor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is February 10, 2023.