You are here
- PhD (in Education), University of Otago
- EdM (School Leadership), Harvard University
- DipTchg (Primary), University of Auckland
- BMus (Performance), University of Auckland
- Diploma in Te Pīnakitanga ki te Reo Kairangi, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
- Diploma in Te Aupikitanga ki te Reo Kairangi, Te Wānanga o Aotearoa
Esther joined the NZCER team in January 2020. Her PhD, which she completed in 2018, showcases the exciting ways in which teachers can use their involvement in moderation to establish assessment-focused
professional learning communities. Esther has held research and lecturing positions at the University of Otago, where she contributed to New Zealand’s National Monitoring Study of Student Achievement.
Esther is a registered primary school teacher and has taught in both Auckland and Dunedin.
In addition to her expertise in assessment and teacher professional learning, Esther is a speaker of te reo Māori and is passionate about the revitalisation of the language.